The University Club of Phoenix was founded and incorporated by Chet Goldberg Jr in 1965. The Club started out in the Westard Ho hotel in September 1966. It remained there until the summer of 1970 when the current facility was purchased. Nineteen members provided the capital to purchase the facility. Some of those members were: Chet Goldberg, Art Allsworth, Dick Arnold, Robert Bluemle, Doug Boyd, John Croyle, Lyman Davidson, Allen Feinstein, John Haldiman, Adrian Phillips, Ted Pickett, Steve Pogson, Fred Steiner, Roz Stewart and Dave West.
The current facility was built in 1917. It served as a private residence before becoming the University Club, providing an authentic, historically rich and warm sophistication that makes our members and guests feel right at home. The Club maintains the historic style of a vintage home while still providing modern-day necessities to function in an even more enjoyable fashion.
A distinct feature of the University Club of Phoenix is the ability to adapt to the ever-dynamic needs and expectations of our members and guests.